Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... learn quran online blog: Islam Question and Answer - A man’s saying to his wife “I will divorce you” does not count as a divorce

n

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Islam Question and Answer - A man’s saying to his wife “I will divorce you” does not count as a divorce

A man’s saying to his wife “I will divorce you” does not count as a divorce
If a man says to his wife, “In sha Allaah I will divorce you and get rid of you,” but he does not say anything other than that, does that count as a divorce? His intention was not to divorce her, rather it was meant only as a threat, and he is certain about that.

 

Praise be to Allaah.

A man’s saying to his wife “In sha Allaah I will divorce you
and get rid of you,” does not  count as a divorce, rather it is a threat of
divorce in the future, so no divorce has taken place, unless he instigates
it after that. 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A



 

No comments:

Post a Comment