Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... learn quran online blog: Answer of one who has become Muslim to the question “Why did you become Muslim”?

n

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Answer of one who has become Muslim to the question “Why did you become Muslim”?

One of the guys at work was asking me why I became Muslim and I told him it is the path I must follow. I dont know sometimes what I should say, for me it is the path I must follow. What can I say to someone; I dont want to push what I believe, so how should I answer someone if ask, what is the right way to answer the questions? Sometimes I feel I dont give the right answers... Any clues what i can say ?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

We ask Allaah to accept your Islam and to make you steadfast in adhering to the truth, and to guide you to that which He loves and which pleases Him.

You should understand that you have followed the right path, and that Islam is the religion of sound human nature (al-fitrah), the religion of security and happiness. This is felt by everyone who belongs to this great religion, but it is felt most by those who were drowning in the darkness of ignorance, misguidance and disbelief. The one who utters the Shahaadatayn feels something in his heart that cannot be described to anyone, hence most of them are overcome with tears of joy and happiness. Undoubtedly Allaah has given Islam a flavour and has given faith sweetness. This is what is stated in the texts of our religion. This flavour and sweetness is tasted by everyone who believes in Allaah as his Lord, Islam as his religion, and Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as his Prophet.

Secondly:

The one whom Allaah honours by bringing him into Islam may have reasons for entering it that no one else has, and he may see aspects in it that no one else sees. That is because of the greatness of this religion, and the many aspects of good that there are in it, and the fact that it is suitable for all classes of people, in all environments and all cultures. Hence a person who enters this great religion may mention reasons for doing so that no one else usually mentions, but all of them are correct answers that speak of their reality and the reality of Islam itself. You can read some of these answers and benefit from them. We would like you to tell us your own feelings and the reason why you entered this religion, because it tells us about your situation and you are best able to express that.

There is no reason why we should not mention some of the reasons why other people have become Muslim; there may be something in common between you and them.

1.

A Bedouin was asked: Why did you become Muslim? He said: I have never seen any word or deed that reason regards as good or sound human nature (al-fitrah) indicates is right but Islam encourages it and enjoins it and the Lord of Glory permits it. And I have never seen anything that reason sees as bad and sound human nature indicates is wrong, but Allaah prohibits it and forbids it to His slaves.

2.

Robert Dixon, the head of the American Lawyers’ Association, said: My answer to the one who asks me why I became Muslim is: Islam is the religion of monotheism, happiness, peace of mind and dignified living, if I adhere to it and apply its teachings. It is the religion of divine justice.

3.

Muhammad Asad, the Austrian politician and author, said: It was not any particular teaching that attracted me, but the whole wonderful, inexplicably coherent structure of moral teaching and practical life programme.  

4.

Sylvie Fawzy, a French lady who became Muslim, said: In Islam I found a way of life that answers all questions and organizes man’s life in a way that benefits him and is suited to his nature, with regard to his clothing, his food, his work, his marriage, his choices in life, and his relationship with others. So it comes as no surprise that the one who adheres to Islam feels content and secure, which in my opinion are the most important factors in life.

5.

Umm ‘Abd al-Malik, an American Muslim woman, said: I was amazed by the way in which Islam raised the status of parents.

6.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:  An Indian philosopher studied the history of all religions, and he conducted an independent, fair-minded study. He studied Christianity at length, because of the power, influence and prominence in the arts and industry of the nations that claim to be Christian. Then he examined Islam, and realized that it is the true religion, and he became Muslim, and he wrote a book in English called “Why I became Muslim,” in which he described what he saw as the advantages of Islam over other religions, one of the most important of which was: Islam is the only religion that has a true, preserved history. The one who follows it knows that this is the religion that was brought by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd-Allaah, the unlettered Arab Prophet who is buried in Madeenah al-Munawwarah in Arabia. He was astonished that Europe would allow itself to follow a religion which raised the one after whom it is named from the status of a human being and made him into a god, when they know little of his history. The origin of these four Gospels is not proven, and their dates and authors are not known for sure. They only mention a few events of the history of Christ which happened – as they say – within a few days, and they do not mention anything much about this man’s upbringing, education, childhood or youth. But Allaah decrees what He wills.  

Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem (1/48).

7.

Yusuf Khattab – a convert from Judaism to Islam – said, when he was asked why he had become Muslim: Because Islam is the religion of monotheism. I read a great deal about it and finally I was convinced that it is the way to Paradise.

There are many words, which may be summed up as saying that Islam is the religion of sound human nature (al-fitrah), security, happiness, wise rulings, and lofty morals. Whoever compares Islam with other, distorted religions or human systems and laws will clearly see the difference, and that there is no room for comparison at all.

8.

Mary Watson – an American woman with three academic degrees, one of which is in theology – describes the moment when the light of faith shone into her heart: I felt one night, as I was lying in my bed about to fall asleep, that something strange had settled in my heart. I sat up and said: O Lord, I believe in You alone, and I uttered the Shahaadah, and after that I felt peace and tranquillity envelop my entire body. Praise be to Allaah for Islam; I have never regretted that day which I consider to be the day of my birth.

End quote.

We advise you to read the book Islam and the World:
The Rise and Decline of Muslims and its Effect on Mankind, by Shaykh Abul Hasan al-Nadvi and Islam at the Crossroads and The Road to Makkah by Prof. Muhammad Asad. All three books are available in English.  

We also advise you to read true stories of people who have been guided to the Straight Path and have submitted to Allaah. These stories explain how they were guided and what their first steps towards Islam were. You will find them by following this link:

http://www.themwl.com/AlDaawa/default.aspx?ct=1&cid=7&l=AR

We ask Allaah to make you steadfast in adhering to the truth and to help you to acquire beneficial knowledge and to do righteous deeds.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment