Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... learn quran online blog: Reflecting on Surah Furqan:51-62 | Quran Reflections

n

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reflecting on Surah Furqan:51-62 | Quran Reflections

 

Do I strive with the Qur’an in my life? List ways in which I can do this?

Studying the Qur’an makes one realize that the entire life is a struggle and not just for me but for everyone has their share of problems. Allah has made life as a test, and this is a simple explanation of things.

With this perspective, I have accepted the striving and focus it towards akhirah. Earlier on I strove but without purpose and without help and satisfaction making baseless decisions. Now I alhumdulillah with Qur’an the purpose of striving in this world is clearer, the aid with which we are supposed to be striving with is defined and the end results of actions are definitely much more in place.

  1. I can strive with the Qur’an by ensuring it is practiced by myself first of all in the manner assigned.
  2. I can strive by not compromising on it.

Recently I had to attend a music function. It was a matter of maintaining ties as Allah wants it with relations or cutting off and creating very long term ill-affect of the confrontation. I chose the prior keeping in mind that this is what Allah wants me to do in the long term. Prior to the music, the ladies sat together and talked about the Quran and salah and I shared my course. When the show started and everyone began clapping I was texting a hadith to someone and was told now that you are here, you might as well clap. I said, it was too hard me to do now and sneaked out to another room (I had taken my juz with me) and began studying. I let my kids enjoy it because it was a family thing and aggressively pulling them out of it would have caused a scene. I had given them a deadline on which they joined me back saying: Ammi you always take the Juz with you everywhere. I replied with the reply that was taught in class: We like to be attached with what we love most. I drove back home with my kids while the rest of the family enjoyed their music. On the way back, I shared with my daughters the ayah on how shaitan will misguide us through voices: 17:24. The children are born on fitrah and immediately connected that the voices implied music. We all came back home, slept on the note of the Qur’an alhumdulillah. Never before in my life, have I experienced such amicable way of handling a difference within my family especially where deen was concerned. Alhumdulillah.

3. I can strive by relaying it to others. I need to actively keep connected to Allah and then to connect others also in the process by conveying of a hadith that I know or an ayah that I know.

A Student of the Quran

 

No comments:

Post a Comment